Finance, Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration)
All global challenges, whether related to business or not, require an understanding of how financial markets work. The field must be increasingly aware of system-wide risks, conflicts of interest, and regulatory challenges. This requires wide theoretical knowledge and practical skills, both of which are provided by the Finance Master’s programme. Finance graduates have:
- Substantive knowledge. Graduates understand the features of capital markets as well as models and theories of corporate finance and investment decisions.
- Truth-seeking mindset. Graduates have developed a solid scientific approach to solve financial problems critically and to evaluate complex issues of business ethics.
- Analytical skill set. Graduates are able to analyse corporate risk factors and to evaluate the value of e.g. derivative instruments using sophisticated quantitative models.
- High-level management skills. Graduates can work not only independently but also in teams, thanks to their advanced business communication and leadership skills.
- Competitive attitude. Graduates are inspired when challenged and see competitive environments as motivational and developing – for the world and themselves.
- Excellent career opportunities. Graduates usually start working already during their studies and are highly sought-after employees locally and globally.
Upon graduating from the Finance Master’s programme, graduates can apply analytical thinking and financial tools to a number of situations both in strategic decision-making of the firm (e.g. mergers and acquisitions) and in day-to-day management (e.g. portfolio and risk management).
You can apply through www.studyinfo.fi.
Degree / Diploma
Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration)