Arctic Art and Design | Master of Arts (Art and Design)
The Arctic Art and Design master’s programme has been developed to respond to the changing role of the creative professional in society. The programme is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Centre of Economic Development, Transport and the Environment. The content is designed to harness the potential of service design and applied visual arts in social, community or business contexts. Service design and applied visual arts are used by our students to work with clients and community groups to identify problems and create solutions – It’s creative collaboration.
What will you learn?
During the degree, students will develop their skills and competence in
- collaborative and interdisciplinary working
- community and environment centred design and art
- identifying and making the most of entrepreneurial opportunities
Due to the focus on art and design skills coupled with practical project experience in interdisciplinary settings, a wide range of career options are open to graduates, for example:
- project management in the creative industries
- educational project working
- independent creative consultancy
- environmental art in partnership
- public art
- community-based art
- education (adult and community based)
Employers could include tourism companies, local or national government, creative industries (galleries, museums etc) social services or educational institutions.
Want to know more?For more information about Arctic Art and Design | Master of Arts (Art and Design), please submit an information request below and the school will contact you with further information.
All applications during January joint application via Studyinfo.
To be eligible you must have:
- a first-cycle degree (usually BA degree) in visual arts, design, media or architecture OR
- a bachelor’s degree from another field of study containing the minimum of 60 credits in visual arts, design, media or architecture
- a good command of English language for academic purposes
Degree / diploma
Master of Arts (Art and Design)