Human-Technology Interaction, Master of Science
The Master’s Degree Programme in Human-Technology Interaction educates experts in all areas of human-technology interaction. Students can focus their studies to interaction design, user interfaces, usability and user experience, among others. You can apply either to the MSc programme or the MSc (Tech) programme depending on your background. There are separate admission and degree requirements.
Students having completed the Master’s degree will
- have a thorough command of some aspect of computer sciences
- be familiar with scientific thinking and capable of applying scientific working methods in their own area of specialisation
- be motivated for lifelong learning
- be capable of undertaking scientific postgraduate studies
- be capable of applying the knowledge acquired and of functioning in internationalising working life
- be capable of communicating in scientific situations
- be conversant with the ethical norms of the field and apply these in their own work
Students having completed the Master's Degree Programme in Human-Technology Interaction (MSc) will
- know the theoretical foundations of human-technology interaction, and
- have the necessary skills to apply this knowledge to practical work on the area.
As technology plays an increasing role in our daily life, it is important to have professionals who have a deep understanding of how to develop the most user friendly and engaging methods to interact with a wide variety of technological devices.
Students can deepen their knowledge in course units that cover a wide range of topics from user experience and emotions to innovative use of facial behavior like gaze and expressions, touch, speech, and human physiology in user interfaces. The programme leads you to scientific thinking and writing as well as to hands-on work in various course projects.
The master programme has a direct link to research carried out by TAUCHI, Tampere Unit for Computer-Human Interaction. TAUCHI is a TUNI research center focusing on human–technology interaction. It carries out a wide range of multidisciplinary research into technology-mediated novel ways of multimodal interaction with devices, environments and people. TAUCHI explores and develops better and more intuitive user interfaces for the future. It harmonizes the potential of new technologies with human abilities, needs, and limitations.
TAUCHI expertise covers new technologies such as smart objects and environments, gestural interfaces, gaze tracking, haptics, mixed reality, computer vision, speech-, context- or emotion-based interaction, virtual avatars, user experience and usability.
Koulutukseen haetaan Tampereen yliopiston kansainvälisten maisteriohjelmien haussa.
Tutkinto / todistus
Master of Science
Tampereen yliopisto, Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto ja Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulu muodostavat Tampereen korkeakouluyhteisön. Korkeakouluyhteisön yhteinen nimi on Tampereen yliopisto. Uusi korkeakouluyhteisö aloitti toimintansa 1.1.2019, kun Tampereen yliopisto ja Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto yhdistyivät ja yliopiston sekä ammattikorkeakoulun yhteistyö tiivistyi. Uusi yhteisö yhdistää muun...
Human-Technology Interaction, Master of Science ei ole saanut vielä yhtään arviointia. Anna oma arviointisi.