Nordic Master Programme in Innovative Governance and Public Management, Master of Administrative Sciences
Upon the successful completion of the programme, students will acquire the following knowledge, skills and competencies.
- Critically assess the key challenges facing public service provision in knowledge-based societies, with a specific focus on the Nordic countries
- Discuss the extent to which current theories, models and approaches to public sector governance and management are adequate to solve existing problems and dilemmas
- Compare and contrast specific public governance and managerial/leadership approaches within the Nordic countries
- Apply key concepts emerging from the fields of public policy and management, organisational change, leadership, learning, innovation, and engineering education to real situations (case studies)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of policy schemes, interventions and approaches in the light of theories and models from public management, organisational studies, innovation and learning
- Recognise and comprehend the effects of broader societal changes – digitisation, urbanisation, aging, etc. – in public sector reform and change
- Reflect on the importance attributed to contextual dimensions (e.g. culture and institutions) in reform trajectories and processes of change and resistance
- Develop and elaborate novel and innovative solutions (e.g. through design thinking) that are capable of addressing some of the challenges facing the public sector in the Nordic countries
- Master the ability to think across disciplinary fields and/or knowledge domains
- Grasp the importance of, and the existing mechanisms for, collaborating across multiple sectors of the economy
- Ability to formulate precise and relevant academic research problems
- Ability to work both as a part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to write both academic papers and policy/evaluation reports
- Ability to collaborate with and address multiple stakeholder audiences; academics, policy makers, regional actors across the public and private sectors, etc.
- Ability to assess, interpret and critique selected domains of public policy and/or management from the perspective of public governance/management, organisational change/leadership, innovation and learning theories
- Ability to synthesise considerable amounts of data and apply relevant methods and theories to a specific public policy domain
- Ability to undertake independent scientific work
- Ability to undertake highly sophisticated analytical tasks within the public and private sectors as well as R&D-related activities (employability)
Nordic Master's Programme in Innovative Governance and Public Management aims to challenge the traditional contents and sector-oriented learning approaches that are typically applied in the field of public administration and public policy. It brings together elements from social sciences and engineering, combining the strengths of soft and hard applied sciences, resulting in a spirit of solution-focused and resource-oriented entrepreneurialism, interdisciplinarity and close relations to society. It offers students a unique learning environment enabling them to come up with smart solutions and sustainable learning outcomes in the field of public administration and management, in the contexts of public-private partnership, public value creation, co-production and deliberative democracy as well as innovation systems, digitalisation and smart solutions.
The programme equips graduates with excellent learning and networking skills. They will be able to understand and manage complex networks, service production and value chains. These skills and competencies are particularly relevant given the changing nature of the public and private sectors; such as the blurring of boundaries between the two, the pressure to respond swiftly to societal demands, as well as the enormous socio-economic and political challenges facing European societies in the years to come.
Tutkinto / todistus
Tampereen yliopisto, Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto ja Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulu muodostavat Tampereen korkeakouluyhteisön. Korkeakouluyhteisön yhteinen nimi on Tampereen yliopisto. Uusi korkeakouluyhteisö aloitti toimintansa 1.1.2019, kun Tampereen yliopisto ja Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto yhdistyivät ja yliopiston sekä ammattikorkeakoulun yhteistyö tiivistyi. Uusi yhteisö yhdistää muun...
Nordic Master Programme in Innovative Governance and Public Management, Master of Administrative Sciences ei ole saanut vielä yhtään arviointia. Anna oma arviointisi.