Sustainable Urban Development | Bachelor of Science (Technology) and Master of Science (Technology)Tampereen yliopisto
Sustainable Urban Development | Bachelor of Science (Technology) and Master of Science (Technology)
After completing the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Sustainable Urban Development graduates will:
- understand the various aspects of built environment, sustainable urban development and their societal significance
- know the key concepts and terminology and be able to follow the developments in the field of urban development
- recognize the central actors, questions, conflicts and solutions connected to sustainable urban development
- be able to carry out development projects individually and in teams related to sustainable urban development
- understand the basic principles of academic research and be able to independently design, conduct and report academic research projects.
In addition, those focusing on the Technology field will acquire knowledge about mathematics and natural sciences, which are necessary elements of the Bachelor of Science in Technology Degree. Studies in the Technology field will also cover the basics of systems, information management and project management in the built environment. After completing the programme you are eligible to continue studies for the Master of Science in Technology Degree. In the Master’s programme the students will be able to deepen their knowledge in sustainable urban development by focusing on the themes of transportation and sustainability. This specialization area will be available as a part of the Master’s Degree Programme in Civil Engineering.
After completing the Master’s Degree Programme, students will be able to:
- identify and explain the societal and ethical impact building causes and is able to act responsibly in various expert, development and leadership roles
- interpret the built environment’s phenomenon’s related to the built environment
- collect, understand and evaluate knowledge critically
- apply methods of mathematics and science when solving problems related to the built environment
- analyze and solve complicated and unpredictable problems by applying scientific methods and is able to critically evaluate the results
- present and explain the main terms and methods used in civil engineering as well as in the field of specialization
- design, implement and develop demanding and ecologically, socially and economically sustainable safe and healthy structures, systems, methods and processes of building.
- interpret law and regulations of built environment and apply them in resolutions.
- understand, apply and develop new technologies, methods and operation models for the field.
- participate in the public discussion related to the built environment
- use language-, communication- and cooperation skills in multidisciplinary national and international communities and to skillfully communicate in foreign language.
The scope the programme is 180 ECTS. It consists of the following elements:
- General Studies 35 ECTS; such as economics, information technology, language and communication studies and introduction to sustainable urban development
- Basic Studies 50 ECTS; such as research methods, mathematics, physics, chemistry
- Intermediate Studies in sustainable urban development 70 ECTS: such as economic renewal of cities and regions, politics and participation, organizational change, transport systems, water management and the Bachelor’s Thesis
- Free Choice Studies 25 ECTS; to continue to the Master’s Degree in the field of technology a technical study module is chosen and in addition, you can select freely from the offerings of the Tampere University community.
Koulutukseen haetaan valtakunnallisessa yhteishaussa osoitteessa opintopolku.fi.
Tutkinto / todistus
Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto ja Tampereen yliopisto yhdistyivät 1.1.2019 monialaiseksi Tampereen yliopisto -nimiseksi säätiöyliopistoksi, jonka kärkialat ovat tekniikka, terveys ja yhteiskunta. Uudesta yliopistosta tulee Suomen toiseksi suurin. Tampereen yliopistona toimiva Tampereen korkeakoulusäätiö harjoittaa myös ammattikorkeakoulutoimintaa Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulun pääomistajana. Tampereen uudessa korkeakouluyhteisössä...
Saatat olla kiinnostunut myös näistä: