Strategic Project Management, Master of Science (Technology) (2 years), Seinäjoki
The new Strategic Project Management Master´s Programme is a modular education programme that is built on robust academic and practical content and founded on the thorough understanding of the theoretical basis of Strategic Project Management. This programme is designed for students who wish to study Strategic Project Management at postgraduate level to equip themselves with the knowledge, skills and understanding regarded as necessary for a career in Strategic Project Management. This programme builds bridges between the theoretical underpinnings and strategic and project management practice. The programme includes critical evaluation and highlights the limitations of theory in its application and the challenges provided by emerging practice.
The programme provides a variety of opportunities for students with different interests and backgrounds to unite in learning and applying strategic project management theory and methods. This will provide students with hands-on exercises and a range of practical knowledge and skills that could be applied immediately in any project management work environment. This programme also allows students to consider opportunities for further academic development and research in the field of Project Management.
The main objectives of the master’s programme are to:
- provide students with a contemporary, critical and applied programme of study at postgraduate level within the subject area of Strategic Project Management by combining relevant research, theories and practice;
- enable students, through a range of modules, to explore and apply knowledge and understanding of Strategic Project Management, and to recognize the complexity of any given situation;
- develop the academic and practical skills appropriate to the study of Strategic Project Management;
- develop students’ ability to select, analyse, apply and critically evaluate frameworks, methods, tools and techniques as applied in Strategic Project Management
- provide opportunities for collaborative and individual student-centred study in order to develop analytical, critical, problem solving and research skills appropriate to the role of project manager;
- provide clear career development opportunities to aspiring project managers;
- provide a dynamic learning environment to facilitate an appreciation of multi-cultural and interdisciplinary project teams;
- develop the students’ professional attitudes as well as their interpersonal, strategic and entrepreneurial skills;
- provide a focused understanding of the application of project management theories and strategic thinking to organisations and projects in a global market place; and,
- foster independent learning ability required for continuing professional development.
- Viimeinen hakuaika: January joint application
Separate application for Master's Programmes taught in English. You can apply though joint application at studyinfo.fi.
Tutkinto / todistus
Master of Science (Technology)
Vaasan yliopistossa ratkotaan suuria globaaleja haasteita ja luodaan kestävämpää tulevaisuutta. Vaasan yliopisto on vastuulliseen liiketoimintaan suuntautunut tiedeyliopisto. Vaasan yliopistossa voi opiskella kauppatieteitä, tekniikkaa, hallintotieteitä ja viestintätieteitä. Yliopistossa on yli 5000 opiskelijaa. Vaasan yliopisto kouluttaa vastuullisia ja kansainvälisesti suuntautuneita asiantuntijoita johtamaan...
Lue lisää oppilaitoksesta Vaasan yliopisto ja katso koulutustarjonta täältä