Bachelor's in International Business Management | University of Oulu
International Business Management is a degree programme offered by the accredited Oulu Business School. In this new programme, students learn to manage international business in a Nordic style, creativity and sustainability as their main drivers.
Top reasons to study International Business Management
- An internationally comparable degree in Economics and Business Administration from an AACSB accredited business school enables you to apply for work within the EU and globally.
- Respond to global challenges by gaining skills in sustainable management and creative entrepreneurship.
- Oulu region is one of the technology hubs in the world having also global companies operating in the city.
- You get to work in multicultural groups to implement real-life business scenarios together with the companies in the area for building your network and future career.
- Programme emphasizes acquiring relevant Finnish language skills to improve your employability in Finland after graduation.
The ever-changing world requires a new mindset and skills for the experts of international business. The future managers must be critical and creative thinkers that are able to renew their business operations continuously and sustainably.
Graduates of the new degree programme become change agents in the economy and society who can respond to the challenges of dynamic business environment by relying on the Nordic principles of change management, sustainable leadership, and growth entrepreneurship in organisational and business development.
Core skills and competence
As the new degree programme in International Business Management focuses on addressing the contemporary global business challenges from the Nordic perspective, by drawing upon the ideas of entrepreneurial leadership and responsible business, it offers students with:
- business knowledge of the key aspects and theories of international business management based on state-of-the art research
- a dive into the Nordic business context
- opportunities to develop their management skills by complementing theoretical teaching with practical assignments
- communication skills appropriate for business situations. Students will learn the basics of Finnish language relevant in a Finnish working environment.
Teaching is based on internationally recognised research by the faculty, and it combines theory and practice in its content and teaching methods. Students take on assignments in collaboration with various organisations.
New students join an international study environment where classmates represent many different nationalities.
Occupational profiles of the graduates
The IBM graduates will be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in International Business Management. Graduates demonstrate a basic understanding of the key aspects relevant for the management of international businesses, basic understanding of management as an academic field of study and can analyse and solve business problems and justify business decisions.
Thus, graduates are ready to tackle business and marketing cases as experts in companies pursuing growth in international sales in fields such as high tech or health tech.
The degree provides a qualification for master studies in the fields of management and business administration. For continuing their studies, students will have an opportunity to enrol in the English-taughtmaster’s programme in International Business Managementoffered by the Oulu Business School.
Master’s graduates work in many professional fields and develop to hold expert and management positions in Finland and internationally. They cover the whole spectrum of companies from start-ups to multinational corporations with titles such as:
- Business Development Manager
- Management Consultant
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Global Demand Analyst
- Key Account Manager
- Sales Manager
- Team Leader.
Want to know more?For more information about Bachelor's in International Business Management | University of Oulu, please submit an information request below and the school will contact you with further information.
Visit the programme page to see the admission requirements and how to apply through an online joint application system at Studyinfo.fi.
Degree / diploma
Bachelor and Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration)
Tuition fee: for non-EU/EEA citizens 10 000 euros