Sustainable Urban Development | Bachelor of Administrative Sciences and Master of Administrative Sciences (3 yrs + 2 yrs)
After completing the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Sustainable Urban Development graduates will:
- understand the various aspects of built environment, sustainable urban development and their societal significance
- know the key concepts and terminology and be able to follow the developments in the field of urban development
- recognize the central actors, questions, conflicts and solutions connected to sustainable urban development
- be able to carry out development projects individually and in teams related to sustainable urban development
- understand the basic principles of academic research and be able to independently design, conduct and report academic research projects.
In addition, those focusing on the Administrative Sciences field will be able to analyze administrative, political and economic phenomena present in sustainable urban development and planning. After completing the programme you are eligible to continue studies for the Master of Administrative Sciences Degree. You will automatically have the right to continue studies in the Master’s Degree Programme in Leadership for Change – Governance for Sustainable Change.
After completing the Master’s Degree Programme, students will have:
- an advanced understanding of the role of leadership in solving contemporary challenges at local, national, regional and global levels
- learned to examine global trends such as digitalisation, urbanisation, climate change, ageing, polarisation, democratisation and integration from a multidisciplinary perspective
- acquired the skills to foster new forms of engagement across sectors of the economy and society, learned in interaction with staff members from various disciplines – business, governance, politics and international relations – as well as with different societal stakeholders
- mastered the theoretical and methodological skills to formulate relevant research problems and to undertake independent scientific work
- skills to collect, understand and evaluate knowledge critically collect, understand and evaluate knowledge critically
- the ability to produce, report and present new scientific results
- learned the skills to analyse and debate the challenges that leadership faces today and to communicate your views to multiple audiences using different channels of communication.
The scope of the bachelor's programme is 180 ECTS. It consists of the following elements:
- General Studies 35 ECTS; such as economics, information technology, language and communication studies and introduction to sustainable urban development
- Basic Studies 50 ECTS; such as research methods, politics of sustainable development, urban studies and optional studies in administrative sciences
- Intermediate Studies in sustainable urban development 70 ECTS: such as economic renewal of cities and regions, politics and participation, organizational change, transport systems, water management and the Bachelor’s Thesis
- Free Choice Studies 25 ECTS; you can select freely from the offerings of the Tampere University community.
The scope of the master's programme is 120 ECTS. Governance for Sustainable Change -specialisation in administrative sciences provides students with sound academic skills for anticipating, analysing and responding to the complex, dynamic challenges facing contemporary public sector organisations and institutions. Key topics covered by the specialisation include governance in the context of public sector reforms, changing modes of public service delivery, and evidence-based policy making. A cross-cutting theme of the specialisation is the role of public governance in fostering socially, ecologically and economically sustainable societies.
The specialisation considers governance challenges at local, regional, national and international levels and offers students the opportunity to specialise in issues best responding to their particular interests. The teaching faculty comprise distinguished experts in the fields of public administration and management as well as environmental and regional policy.
- Viimeinen hakuaika: Joint application January
Koulutukseen haetaan valtakunnallisessa yhteishaussa osoitteessa opintopolku.fi.
Tutkinto / todistus
Tampereen yliopisto kytkee yhteen tekniikan, terveyden ja yhteiskunnan tutkimuksen ja koulutuksen. Uusi Tampereen yliopisto syntyi vuoden 2019 alussa, kun Tampereen yliopisto ja Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto yhdistyivät uudeksi säätiöyliopistoksi. Tampereen yliopistona toimiva Tampereen korkeakoulusäätiö harjoittaa myös ammattikorkeakoulutoimintaa Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulun pääomistajana. Tampereen...